DUMAGUETE CITY, Nov. 20 (PIA) The provincial government of Negros Oriental has collected mounting of used clothing, boxes of bottled water and canned goods donated from different private individuals and organizations are ready for delivery on Saturday to Leyte through the DSWD- Cebu regional office.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) also reported that the Provincial Treasurer’s Office has received more than P70,000 for typhoon Yolanda victims.
Meantime, the PDRRMC through the Governor’s office is facilitating requests from relatives here anxiously seeking possible contacts to reported missing persons in the aftermath of the worst storm to ever hit the country.
With communication lines and roads destroyed, relatives have been left with little choice but to wait for news about those they have lost.
So far, according to executive officer Adrian Sedillo of PDRRMC of the 18 names already forwarded to the Office of Civil Defense regional headquarters, four persons were located and reported alive.
Sedillo said ‘If group of relatives or persons wanted to come in Negros Oriental from the calamity hit areas, we can request the Philippine Army to give a Yolanda refugee a ride home.”
While the survivors opted to relocate in the province temporarily, the PDRRMC advised them to report to a local government unit for DSWD to account the residents where they come from.
It is reported that some survivors coming from Leyte were met by their relatives in Cebu had arrived here recently.
Hundreds of survivors in Leyte are starting to leave the island, and some of them are heading to neighboring Visayas provinces and some parts of Mindanao.
Although others still don’t know where to go, but some of them said they will go to relatives in other parts of the country. (mbcn/JCT/PIA7-Negros Oriental)