10 Sitios in Mabinay, NegOr to receive electrification

By Roi Lomotan

MABINAY, Negros Oriental, July 30 (PIA) — The Negros Oriental Electric Cooperative (NORECO-I) disclosed that 10 sitios in Mabinay, Negros Oriental will be energized before the year ends.

NORECO I General Manager Jose Juvileo Acabal said the 10 sitios in Mabinay are included in the 18,000 sitios nationwide targeted to receive electrification on or before December 31, 2013.

As of now, 40 percent of the sitios in Mabinay have electricity but the NORECO I official assured the public that the electric cooperative is doing something to provide electrification to the other 60 percent of sitios in the town.

He added that the national government has set aside an annual budget of P7 billion for its rural electrification project.

“The Department of Budget and Management through the National Electrification Administration releases the fund,” Acabal said.

Aside from Mabinay, NORECO I also identified 45-50 sitios in its coverage areas to receive electricity before the 2013 ends.

The electric cooperative provides electricity in three cities and eight municipalities in the northern part of Negros Oriental including Mabinay.

Meanwhile, increase in power rate charges is not forthcoming yet. Acabal said that increase in power rate charges is likely to happen when there is a raise in generation charge.

The NORECO official explained that if the power suppliers decide to increase the charges of their generation rate, then it could be a cause to add up to power charges.

He also noted that NORECO I has a fixed distribution rate of P9.30-P9.50/KHW and there had been no power rate adjustments in the past months.

Aside from this, NORECO I is heavily regulated by the Energy Regulatory Commission when it comes to power charge.

The NORECO I, in coordination with the Philippine Information Agency-NegOr Provincial Infocen conducts a series of Kapihan Forums in the coverage areas to inform the consumers about the upcoming elections of its board of directors and to answer electrification issues in the area. (mbcn/RAL/PIA7-NEGOR)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s